My Babies

My Babies

Thursday, November 24, 2016

just thankful

today is thanksgiving.  by far my most favorite holiday.  no pressure, no gifts, nothing but food, family and blessings all around.  for me, i love the cooking, the table settings, the big crowd at my home...all the fuss.  it is therapy for me as a people person and, as my daughters and sons in law say, "professional tour guide" for our dinner together.  i love cooking for crowds.  but as i am currently caught up in my cooking right now and my family is not due for a few hours i am just thinking about all i am so very thankful for.  my sweet parents, funny as they are with their hearing aids that i so wish were stronger about 200%.  conversations around them??  should be our own reality show.  for my sister and the miles she has come in the last year.  my precious daughters.  what wonderful and fine christian wives and mommies they are.  my sweet sons in law.  great husbands, great fathers.  i could not handpick any better ones for each of my very different daughters.  my grandchildren.  oh, how i love and cherish each one of them....piper, so sweet, smart and helpful...savannah...my darling little bundle of emotions and my sweetness for sure...brooks....my cuddly little buddy with the shy smiles and serious looks....kyra...so funny, so smart and so loving...finley...the kissingest, cutest and smiliest baby.  what true blessings.  my man...how i love him.  so strong, so kind, so tender, so giving.  so worth the wait.  his two daughters...how i have grown to love them.  so different and so sweet to me.  they love my family too and my girls love them...i could not ask for any better joining of two families.  my salvation....my Jesus...He is so good, so immeasurably wonderful.  happy thanksgiving to each of you and my prayer is that you know the One from whom ALL blessings flow

No comments: