My Babies

My Babies

Saturday, February 27, 2016

The difference a year makes....

One year ago today I turned 50 years old.  Half a century.  First step towards "senior citizen" status.  More than likely half of my life in this present world is over.  Making it to 100 is not likely.  I really don't want to live that long anyway.  Milestone birthdays are overrated really.  I still feel like I did when I was in my 20's.  I don't look it but I feel it.  My precious daughters threw me a surprise party last year and it was so fun.  The year since has been a whirlwind.  I am getting a new grandbaby....very soon.  My sweet Piper started school.  I have watched my daughters grow in their walk with the Lord in such beautiful ways.  My dearest friend moved away and I am still grieving that.  And the Lord has brought this wonderful man into my life.  A year ago I thought I would be alone.  Forever.  By August of last year I made peace with that.  God was enough.  My portion.  Sure, I was still lonely but it was no longer such a crippling feeling.  Now....I am not lonely nor alone.  Big difference there.  God is so good.  This year has been wonderful.  Turning 51 is no big deal.  It really is just a number.  But the difference in my life is tremendous.  Not just having this man in my life but all the rest of the blessings that just continue to fall.  Don't get me wrong....I still have problems.  Issues.  Struggles.  Big struggles.  I am doing a new Bible Study on the Armor of God and it is kicking my hind end.  Hard.  My armor is made by Tonka.  Putting on the true, invincible Armor of God....tough stuff.  Tough.  Looking forward to this next year is exciting.  A little scary and thrilling all at the same time.  A new baby boy,  a wonderful man.....and an even more wonderful God.

No comments: