My Babies

My Babies

Monday, January 11, 2016

Local Entertainment

I am sure you have heard of the website "People of WalMart".  You know, where people snap photos of the ridiculousness of how people go out in public.  It is unreal and kind of like a trainwreck....you don't want to look but you just can't resist.  Well, my friend Kelley and i found a closer and simpler place to observe local oddities.  "Sheetz".  this is a chain of gas stations that also serve food that seems to be placed every 3/4 miles in every single community.  We have five in our area.  Five.  I don't know how y'all feel about eating a salad/burger/sub sandwich/milkshake/fries/chicken/anything you can imagine at the same place you pump gas in your car.  But it is not four star dining for me.  No sir.  But anyway...Kelley and I did purchase two very large coffees out of the cappuccino machine.  We're classy like that.  We sat in my car where we watched approximately 759 people purchase lottery tickets.    It was unreal.  People were coming out with handfuls of tickets.  Hope to be the one in I don't know how many millions to win the billion dollar drawing.  I saw a Michelle Duggar look-alike getting her one ticket that she tucked into her long denim skirt.  Dozens of grandpas with highwater jeans and white socks with loafers.  People I have seen standing on the side of the road with their signs that state they will work for food.  Evidently they just buy lottery tickets.  One boy also bought a Monster drink that has caffeine to the 29th power.  He then proceeded to blow his nose...onto the ground...with no kleenex to be seen.  I screamed and Kelley covered her eyes.  Gaaa-rossss.  We saw all kinds of sites I tell ya.  A girl who had the biggest frontal body area I have ever seen (you get me???) placing a big old sticker right in the center.  I could not read the sticker.  Probably a good thing.  While we sat there we both realized that these people are putting their hope in something they will never attain.  And if they did...so what?  Could I use that kind of money?  Sure!  I could spend it.  But to what goal?  Would I find out that money does not buy happiness?  I know that already.  I might find out that I did not need the Lord.  And that would be horrible.  I did not buy a ticket.  I would not win anyway....  I will just continue to learn and lean on the Lord and be content with the blessings He rains down on me.

No comments: