My Babies

My Babies

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Going To War

We had our monthly womens' meeting at church last night.  One of the things we discussed was our upcoming Bible Study that will begin next week.  It is Priscilla Shirer's newest, "Armor of God".  I cannot wait!  Going over the introduction with the ladies last night ignited a desire deep in my soul.  We are at war.  Full-fledged, battle strong, hand to hand combat...WAR.  The enemy is real and very present in this world.  He wants your kids, your man, your parents, your friends, your church and he wants you.  The things that the enemy desires for us are simple.  He only knows a couple of tricks but they work.  Sometimes they work really well.  He wants us complacent.  He wants us dissatisfied.  He wants us bored.  He wants us to have time on our hands.  He wants us wrapped up in the world.  He wants us distracted.  He whispers lies to us all day long.  And guess what ladies??  We listen to them.  We even believe them.  He is crouching at the door of our homes just waiting to slither in a crack.  To pounce on us and take us down.  To tell us what we want to hear.  to tickle our ears.  Truth sometimes is hard to take.  To listen to.  To believe.  We are at war.  We must put on our armor.  Every single day.  Because let's face it....by the end of most days we (I) take it off.  Somewhere along the day I throw my helmet of salvation down and start doubting my God.  Somewhere during the day I drop my breastplate.  I lay my shield down and have no clue as to where.  That shield?  It is the key.  It will block the fiery darts that the enemy throws at us.  Do you how many it will block?  The Bible says all.  You hear that??  All of them.  100% of those darts are blocked.  We just have to have our shields ready.  I don't know about you but I am so tired of letting Satan win battle after battle after battle.  I am girding up for war....are you?

No comments: