My Babies

My Babies

Friday, August 21, 2015

I was just on Cops....for real

I just left my church to help finish setting up for a big community day of giving out clothes, school supplies, student haircuts, refreshments...  all for free.  A great outreach to our community that just needs some kindness and a smile.  When we got done I needed to run by the store for some simple blackberries.  My son-in-law wants a blackberry cobbler for his birthday dinner tomorrow night.  I ran in our local Wal-Mart (I never learn) Express.  This is just like a Wal-Mart but the size of a phone booth and only having 26 items.  Fun times.  I got out of my car when I saw this big ole Dodge truck pull up right behind my car and two young teen boys got out and starting beating up on another young teen boy in the parking lot.  He took off flat out running.  The only smart thing he did for the rest of the evening.  They jerked his shirt off,  knocked him down.  the works.  I call 911  I honestly do not understand our local 911 services.  I told them where, what, who of the situation.  Described each person.  Even walked around the cars and gave makes, models and tags.  All the while the screaming, cussing, punching was all around me.  26 minutes later  3 deputy cars come.  I am glad there was not a murder in progress.  On any given day I see 50 deputy cars all over our community.  This is the only shopping area and it is right by a highway access area and there are always officers close by.  Not tonight.  When I came out of the store the two assaulters were gone and the assaultee was standing there (still shirtless) screeching and hollering to beat the band.  Then he pointed at me and said, "She saw the whole ^&%$#*&%$#^&;(&*(&$#@; thang."  I explained to the officer that I did call 911.  He asked if I could give a statement.  So I did.  While I waited I had time to really listen and look at the whole crowd that was involved.  One thing in common....they need Jesus.  I don't know one of them.  But I know that they need the Lord in a bad way.  The girlfriend of the boy assaulted was so upset.  She was very pregnant and she did not need all that drama around her.  She was running all over that parking lot too.  Her father was with the two of them and he tried to defend the boy but mostly got in the way.  At the end of the evening there was only missing a TV camera and a dog chawing the leg off an assailant.  I was almost on Cops!!  They turned out to all be of high school age and I am hoping I see them again tomorrow at our outreach.  I am working the refreshment table and I am sure they need a cup of water and an oatmeal cookie.  Maybe a smiling face and some kindness will help them out in this crazy world.

No comments: