My Babies

My Babies

Monday, May 25, 2015

All I wanted was some baking soda

When I open the pool I have my water tested to see what kind and how much chemicals to add to the water so it will be sparkling clear and clean.  This results in chlorine and baking soda basically.  Now I purchase my chlorine at Sam's Club and I have always purchased the big 12 pound bags of Arm-n-Hammer baking soda at......(walmart).  That was a whisper because y'all know how I feel about that place.  So my mom and I were out shopping Friday afternoon. we ran to Lowes Home Improvement and right across the road is a Wal-Mart.  We went in and I looked at where the baking soda was put just a couple of weeks ago.  I should have grabbed it then....gggrrrr.  No luck.  I asked a young girl who worked there and she said to go look over in the baking aisle with the flour and sugar.  Like a moron, I did.  I knew full well that the 8 ounce boxes of baking soda was there but not 12 pound bags.  so I saw another employee hustling through the store.  I thought, "Now there goes a dedicated employee and he is probably on the hunt for a product for some other customer so I will ask him."  He looked knowledgeable.  Wrong!!  He was getting off work and was booking it to his car.  He told me to go look in cosmetics on account of that is where he got his deodorant and toothpaste and they got that soda stuff in them.  I just blinked....twice.  I did not look on the cosmetic aisles.  Then I spied the assistant manager.  Surely she would know.  Wrong....again.  She was just sure it was stored in the automotive department.  It wasn't.  So by this time I had wasted around 45 minutes in this place and my mama and I just went home.  When I got here I pulled up Wal-Mart on the ebates.com website and voila!!  There it was.  Twelve pound bags of baking soda!!!  Ready to pick up in the store I was just at right that minute.  Unreal.  So I just ordered it and a few other items that will keep me out of that place and help me to retain some sanity and got free shipping to my house!!  I will never learn.

No comments: