My Babies

My Babies

Monday, April 13, 2015

Opposition versus Obstruction

In my Sunday School class we tackle a variety of topics.  Currently we are going through the book of Ezra.  I adore Old Testament studies.  We discussed how opposition befell the Jews rebuilding the walls.  They were just delayed for a time.  And they waited on God.  Waited for several years too.  We discussed the differences in oppositions and obstructions.  You can go around, over, under or maybe through an obstruction.  You can move it out of the way even.  But opposition??  What do we do about that?  For me....I try to totally avoid any thing that opposes me.  I despise confrontations.  I usually get all too emotional, forget what I planned to say and most likely just end up in one emotional state or another.  When something opposes me I just really do not want to deal with it....today.  But sometimes, we must.  There is a bit of opposition going on in my life right now.  I truly do not want to deal with it because honestly it just makes me....tired.  This is some old and ugly opposition that rears its ugly head from time to time.  I just wish it would go away and never resurface.  But today I started thinking what could God have for me in all this.  What lesson?  What benefit?  What delay?  And you know what??  I haven't a clue.  This opposition is purely from a pit of hell.  That is not an exaggeration either.  A big fat pit.  One I do not care to jump in and wrestle around in that miry mud.  So what is a girl to do?  I have prayed.  I have thought and reasoned.  And I have come to the conclusion that all oppositions in our lives should be dealt with by we mere humans.  I am leaving this totally up to the Lord.  Exodus 14:14 tells us he will fight for us....we only need to be still.  So I think I am just going to be still.  Will my opposition get out of my way?  My life??  Probably not.  But my attitude in dealing with it will be different.  Instead of dread and anger and disgust, I am just going to let God take this and let Him do what He wills.  I just need to get out of the way, be still....and wait.  Obstructions I can take care of....this one needs to a battle for the Lord.

No comments: