My Babies

My Babies

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

It was the best birthday!

Last week I mentioned that I turned....50.  I wanted just a dinner with my parents and my girls.  I had that on Friday which was my actual birthday.  It was very nice and so fun.  The next night I was going to go to a gospel singing at Megan and Thad's' church.  He sings in their praise band and I went last year.  Megan came to pick me up and we drove to their church.  I saw a few cars in the back but paid no real attention.  When we entered the fellowship hall there were several of my friends and my family all yelling,"Surprise!"  And boy, was I.  I truly had no clue.  My sister, mother, niece and daughters all fooled me big time.  I actually surprised myself and did not cry.  It was just the best birthday.  I have never had a birthday party and this was just wonderful.  Each sweet face there was someone I just love.  Friends and family.  High school friends, church friends and just close friends.  One of my dearest friends in the world, Tracey, could not believe that they got one over on me.  I must be slipping.  I am usually much more suspicious by nature and very nosy.  I got some wonderful presents which were very unexpected and much appreciated.  Who really doesn't love gifts???  We say we don't but we all do love them.  I am so blessed.  The party did not last too long which is just perfect for me.  Babies need to go to bed and so do us senior citizens.  I got another AARP card in the mail just yesterday.  Which I threw in the trash.....again.  I was very overwhelmed and a little out of sorts.  I am a giver and a doer.  I don't receive very well and I don't like not pitching in to clean up or cook or just do what needs to be done.  God is just so good to me.  So good.  The provision in my life is overwhelming.  I can't begin to think how I could ever thank all the friends and family for making my birthday so sweet.  Thank y'all....so very much.  For a woman who for years and years felt like she didn't really matter to anyone this was such a breath of love.  I have the most wonderful daughters in the whole world.  Thank you Lord, for all my many, many blessings.  It was the best birthday.

No comments: