My Babies

My Babies

Friday, February 27, 2015

The Half Century Mark

Today is my birthday.  I am....50 years old.  A half century as my sister said.  Har-dee-har-har.  Fifty years.  That sounds like a long time.  But you know what??  It really isn't.  fifty is just a number.  I feel just like I did at forty and at thirty.  I am a very healthy woman, thank the Lord.  Other than menopause (gggrrrrr) I have zero complaints.  I don't have aches and pains.  No arthritis.  I don't wear bifocals...yet.  I occasionally wear reading glasses but don't really need them.  I keep up fine with my grandchildren.  I take no prescriptions other than estrogen.  I ran out last week and let's just say it is a very good thing that I don't have a conceal and carry licence.  Very good.  So I am 50.  What does that really mean??  I am three more times likely to be struck by lightening than find a husband.  How is that for encouragement??  I am way past middle age....as a matter of fact I am on the downhill slide.  I pretty much don't answer to anyone so i get to boss myself around.  That my friends is a major plus.  I have a fantastic relationship with my parents, my daughters, my sister (finally) and my precious friends.  My grand babies thing I am terrific.  Sure, there are things I wish were different.  I never thought I would be divorced.  But I am, so I deal with that. I really never thought I would be still working at the same job that I have....but I do and am grateful for it.  Fifty.  I did get my AARP card in the mail about three weeks ago.  Threw that baby straight in the trash.  What have I accomplished in fifty years.  Without the Lord I haven't accomplished one thing.  But with God and His grace and His help  and His hands all through my life....quite a bit.  Am I famous?  Nope.  Am I rich??  Nope, again.  Am I debt free??  Nope, again.  Do I have people that love me?  Yep.  Do I have friends that I can call 24/7/365???  Oh, you bet.  So for a fifty year old gal.....I think I got it pretty good.  Now I am off to my daughters house to have dinner with all my kids, grand babies and my parents.  I honestly could not even ask for anything else in this world.  Fifty is looking good on me!

No comments: