My Babies

My Babies

Friday, January 30, 2015

Weekend Plans

This has been one of the longest weeks of my life.  I thought Friday would never get here.  The kids at school are crazy.  Being cooped up due to freezing weather and rain takes it toll on kids and adults alike.  Right now I am listening to the wind howl and blow like a hurricane.  It makes the 40 degrees outside feel like 12 degrees.  Did you know I hate winter????  I do.  I am not a big fan of spring either.  The ground is cold, the wind is cold.  It looks warm from inside your house but....fooled you!!  It isn't.  Spring is cold too.  I am so looking forward to warm days and longer days.  I don't have any real big plans this weekend.  I am having a slumber party with my little grand girlies tonight.  They are such fun.  We play and bake and watch Disney movies and snuggle.  I will get to kiss and hug on my little guy some too but he will get to go home with mommy.  Tomorrow I am just laying low.  Laundry and some grocery shopping.  Sunday I have some lunch plans I don't normally have.  I am meeting some friends for lunch when I usually cook for all my kids.  Little break for me but I will miss having them all over to the house.  I am not much of a superbowl kind of girl so it is just as well I have nursery Sunday night.  I will catch up on some TV that I have dvr'd though.  I will probably re-watch the last few episodes of "The Walking Dead" and wait anxiously for it to come back on next Sunday night.  If you are not watching it.....you should.  I was a "Walking Dead" snob because I thought it was just a stupid show about zombies.  Well, let's just say that I have now planned my own team for survival in case a zombie apocalypse does happen.  One never knows....  My daughter Megan and I have both made plans as to what we will do and where we will bunker down.  This is serious stuff, people.  For the most part though, this weekend I am just going to rest.  I am always gone somewhere or doing something.  The lesson in my Bible study this past week was, "I am worn out."  And yes, I am.  It became painfully clear to me that Jesus did not go everywhere nor did he heal everyone nor did he feed everyone.  Neither can I.  He rested.  I am not going to feel guilty about it either.  I am anticipating each of the weeks in this study.  The one coming up is on "Having a thorn."  I truly do not have a physical thorn in the flesh but I am sure I have more than one spiritual and emotional thorn to choose from.  I love new studies.  They always teach me so much and the more I put into them the more God just pours His love over me.  I love His word and He knows I need it in the worst way.  I am still in a desert but I know He is there with me.  My grandbabies are here!!  So I am going to go play with them and get some much needed love from them and some much needed rest too!  To me, those are just the best plans.

No comments: