My Babies

My Babies

Monday, January 5, 2015

Goals??? I don't have any!

With the new year in full swing lots of people have set goals or made resolutions.  Me?  Not so much.  I have in the past made resolutions....quit them all by day 3 or 4.  This year I don't really have any resolutions or goals in mind.  Sure, I would love to lose about 20 - 25 pounds.  Probably won't.  I like eating way too much.  And let's get real people.  Life is too short....eat the cake.  I like to say that I am going to do this or do that or finish this and start that but......probably won't.  While some times the days just drag and drag the months and years are just flying by, I just let my time fly through my hands.   I have a ton of projects I would love to start and finish.  So I do not lack for things to do....just the willingness to do them.  My Pastor preached a great sermon on Sunday about how we use our time.  I thought about it.  Over the Christmas school break I had two full weeks off of work.  What did I do?  Well I undecorated my house (which took one day in reality but felt like forever), I painted my bathroom.  I visited and took photos for our church directory of the shut-ins and some homebound people.  I cleaned out a few things.  I visited with some family.  I managed to watch the entire 5 seasons of AMC's "The Walking Dead" on Netflix.  I am totally addicted.  I will post about this at a later time.  Really, really good show.  I kept up with my devotion time.  I stayed up late and slept in late.  I did absolutely zero after Christmas shopping.  None.  Did the usual house stuff....laundry, cleaning, wood stacking and just stuff that I do all the time.  What would I like to accomplish in 2015??  I really don't know.  I am praying for the Lord to just guide me and for me to be still and listen to Him.  Really listen for Him.  What does He have in mind for goals for me?  What does God want me to resolve to do (finally do)??  One thing for sure is not to waste my time in front of a TV....but let's get real people....I will and you will too.  I think that for the new year I am just going to wait.  Wait on God to show up and show me.  Show me whatever.  Maybe someone will come into my life this year.  Maybe I will change jobs.  Maybe I will take a real trip somewhere different.  Maybe.....  So, I will wait.  God holds my time in His hands anyway.  The number of my days are known to only Him.  What does He have for me?  I don't know.....  I am sure they are only for my good.  He is incapable of anything else.  What does He want me to do?  I don't know.  He knows the plans for me and they are good......  I might not have any real goals this year but for sure, God does.

No comments: