My Babies

My Babies

Friday, November 28, 2014

The Best Thanksgiving

Yesterday I was too busy with cooking and table setting to post any details of our family thanksgiving dinner.  Plus I hadn't taken any pictures at all.  I really wanted to get several of each family but one had a crying/sleepy baby that finally got to sleep and no one in their right mind wakes up a sleeping baby....even for family photos at holidays!

First I had to set all the tables.  This is something I just love to do.  I didn't go super fancy and elaborate like I have been known to do.  I just adore dishes and tablescapes.



Just right for my own two little Indian Princesses.  They thought they had real gold flatware from a pirate ship. (I may have embellished that a little)
 


I love these bird dishes.  They have all the colors of fall in them.

I placed two people at the bar in the kitchen because I just ran out of room.  Good thing about family is they do not mind....sometimes



We always set up a long buffet table and let people just come and fill their plates.  I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of that!  We had some really good food...way too much too!



I only like pickles, Mimi


I like a lot stuff Mimi....just not pictures...please let me eat!



My two girls and their families.  I am very thankful for them.  They are each and everyone such a blessing to me.

My sister, Becky and her crew.  Her boyfriend Scott has the two boys.  the older one, Alex, brought his girlfriend Caitlin.  She was so sweet.  Mariah and Aaron and Brittany are all super sweet too!  Little baby Kyra was asleep and so she missed out on the photo fun.



Blake, Erica and the babies.  Blakes' mom, Robin, always comes at Thanksgiving.  Usually Blake's dad and grandparents come too but this year they could not come.


My mama and daddy with their two girls.  I am very thankful for them!!  They are such a blessing and a help to me!

So many things to be thankful for each and every day of the year.  Not just on one day.  It is nice though to take the time to stop and reflect on our blessings though.  When you really stop to count them they are innumerable.  God is just so good.  He blesses us all the time.  Even in dark valleys there are blessings.  I love my family and that is one of the greatest blessings in my life.  Thank you, Lord!

No comments: