My Babies

My Babies

Monday, August 18, 2014

I feel like crying a little bit...

This is the last week before school officially starts next Monday.  I had a staff meeting all day today and I go back Thursday for good.  This summer has just went way too fast and it makes me kind of sad.  The older I get the faster time goes.  When I was a young girl the summers seemed to last forever.  When the end of August rolled around I was nervous and excited about school starting and sort of ready to start a new year.  Make new friends.  Catch up with old friends.  Learn new subjects.  Get new textbooks.  New teachers.  the whole thing with school was exciting.  I do sort of dread school starting back this year because I truly love being home.  I am never bored and I always have stuff to do.  I love spending the days with my grand babies and my daughters.  I enjoy spending time with my parents and friends.  But....duty and bills are calling my name and shouting, "You need to go to work!!!"  Why can't I be independently wealthy is what I want to shout back.  Come Monday morning I will see all those sweet little faces.  Eager to start the new year just like I was many years ago.  I will get to see all the teachers and catch up on their lives.  Once again I will make my tear off book of days starting with 180 and rip on off the stack each day.  Before i know it autumn will be here and then before I know it my first and new little grandson will be here.  then it will be Thanksgiving and then Christmas and then the long, dark days of January and February.  Spring will creep in so slowly like it always does in the south.  Then will come the warmer days and the longer days and then before I know it school will be out again.  Summer will be back in a blink of an eye and all next summer we will be getting Piper ready for school.  What????  School?  How can that be?  She was just born.  Now I feel like crying.... a lot.

No comments: