My Babies

My Babies

Friday, May 23, 2014

Winding down

School is almost over.  moment of silence............................  I am so glad I cannot stand it.  By this time of the year the kids are bonkers, the teachers are tired and grouchy and the rest of us that work in schools are a nice little combo of all three.  I am a grouchy, tired crazy woman.  This is one summer I am looking forward to in a big hurry.  A few months ago I made the (silly) comment that this summer I had no wedding to plan, no baby to wait on and a big nothing on my plate but rest and some home projects.  Ka-pow!  Reality check!  Now I have two babies to plan for...Brittany's in September and Erica's in November.  With Erica having to deal with this kidney issue I will be helping her all I can.  She is so cute by the way.  Her little tummy is growing!!!  Brittany's is too!  I will take some pictures tomorrow and post them asap.  I do have a long awaited vacation planned for this summer though.  My girls and grandgirls and I are all going to the beach for a week and I cannot wait!  It is going to be a restful and relaxing time that I plan on doing a big fat nothing but soaking up sand and sun!  I am redecorating Megan's old room and making it a guest room and redecorating the current play/baby room at my house into just a playroom for the grandbabies.  I am also going to redo my master bath and formal dining room.  I have several home projects that I plan on doing....let's see how many I get done!  The last few days have been super busy too.  I opened my pool and can we say brrrrr....that water is SO cold.  I can't wait until it warms up because right now you can almost skate on it!  But first things first...tomorrow is Savannah's second birthday party.  I simply cannot believe that little ragamuffin is two years old on Sunday.  Sob!!! Where is the time going???  She cannot be two already. She just can't!  It makes me so sad that the girls are just growing up so fast.  I plan on spending a ton of time with them this summer.  Making memories and just spending time with them.  Teaching them about creeks, frogs, gardens, lightning bugs, night swimming and all kinds of stuff.  I love summer.  I am so thankful for all the seasons but the one I love the most is the hazy, lazy summer days.  Thank you Lord for them!

No comments: