My Babies

My Babies

Monday, May 19, 2014

Light at the end of the tunnel

Since Mother's Day I have watched poor Erica get worse each day.  On Friday she had back to back appointments with her ob/gyn and the urologist.  Her baby doctor assured her the baby was fine.  This has been her first concern during all this kidney stone episode.  But she wanted to have an MRI done to see where the stone(s) were and to see about having this stint removed so Erica could possibly pass the stone.  Next stop...urologist.  Once there, the doctor said no to a MRI.  So then they proceeded to have a phone conference between the two Dr. offices.  Having a MRI would not show the kidney stones like a CT scan would and the stint needed to stay there to hold any stone in place and on and on and on and on.  At the end of the day all the doctors were on the same page and my poor baby will have this stint changed every 2 months until she delivers and then they will do a CT scan and decide what to do about the kidney stones....if they are even any to do anything with!!!!  Needless to say Erica cried all Friday afternoon.  They gave her some different nausea medicine and some other medicine that helped her with some severe constipation issues.  Not to be graphic but a week and a half with no bathroom visits is enough to make you sick too.  So on Sunday afternoon she started to feel a bit better.  Today is her first day that her mommy has not been there.  I think she did just fine too.  I am sure that her house is not the neatest one on the block like usual but at least she feels a little better.  I know she was going to take a nap and I am glad.  This is going to be a very long pregnancy with at least two minor surgeries coming up but she said, "I will just take one day at a time."  That is all we can do anyway.  I am just trusting the Lord to work all this out.  Do I worry???  I would be a liar if I said "no".  But I am just trusting Jesus to take care of her and my grand baby girl/boy and with my own girl.  He loves them both far more than I ever could anyway.  Erica did say that she has a strong feeling that this baby is a boy.  I asked her if she thinks that because of all the trouble she has had so far.  She said no...she just feels it in her heart that this is a son.  It makes no difference to me.  I only want her and the baby to be okay.  During all this I have spoiled two other little girls rotten.  Sorry.  Us Mimi's walk a fine line with grand babies!!  My friend Kelley has also come over and played with them to help Erica out and I am sure she helped to spoil them too.  But there is light at the end of this tunnel.  Hopefully we will pass through it around Thanksgiving and we will have so many more wonderful things to be thankful for.

No comments: