My Babies

My Babies

Saturday, March 1, 2014

birthdays

This past week I celebrated my 49th birthday.  I always made a big deal out of other people's birthdays but not so much for my own.  It really is, as an adult, just another day.  Now I am not one of these women who gets all out of frame because I am another year older or reached a milestone birthday number.  Who cares??  It is just that....a number.  Turning 30 was no different than being 29.  Turning 40...same thing.  I am now 49....big deal.  Next year I will be 50.  Half a century.  It really does not impact me all that much.  I am happy and pleased to be getting older.  I am healthy.  I have a great family and I have wonderful, wonderful friends.  Too many blessings!  This year I did get something that was such a nice surprise.  My dear friend Kelley has a birthday 2 days before mine and we always either go out to breakfast or dinner.  We usually buy the other ones meal and that's that.  This year we went to Olive Garden.  I had a coupon.  When I picked her up and drove to the restaurant we just chit chatted away.  When we got there I said 2 for dinner and she just smiled and said...."Huneycutt party".  Well, around the corner were all my friends from my ladies Bible study!!!  I was so surprised!  It was such a sweet time together.  Just 8 middle aged ladies out for a great meal and some sweet fellowship.  I just love my friends.  The next night my 2 wonderful daughters took me out to eat.  We went to Bonefish Grill.  I had the crab cakes and they were wonderful.  We had a marvelous time together, just the 3 of us.  My daughters mean the world to me and I just love spending time with them.  They have grown into such wonderful women and I could not be prouder.  I truly just thank the Lord for my birthday and for the many, many blessings He just keeps heaping on my life.

No comments: