My Babies

My Babies

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Winter 2014...The Big One

Well here we go.  Forecast for this week.  Snow.  At first 2 - 4 inches.  then 4 - 8 inches.  then 8 - 12 inches.  Now 18 inches or more.  The big one is upon us.  Our local weather forecaster is practically drooling with giddiness.  I went to the store and bought milk and bread.  I guess I will make milk sandwiches with it??  I also bought ice cream because....well just because.  I have plenty of firewood and plenty of food.  So Penny and I are all set for the "The Big One."  I went by to see Piper and Savannah and I told them that it just might snow as high as their little waists.  Savannah just grinned and Piper said, "Oh Mimi, it can't do that!" I promise this time I will take some pictures of this snow storm that's a'comin'.  It should be epic from what everyone is saying.  I for one though, am very, very, very tired of this rainy and dreary and cold weather.  I want summer and I want it now.  I love the heat and the sun.  I promise that I will not say, "It is just too hot outside!"  I adore the heat and it is truly never too hot for me.  But since this winter has been very cold and very wet I will welcome summer with great big open arms.  Snow is incredibly beautiful when it is falling and the quiet that it brings is soul stirring. The solitude that comes with big storms like this for us southerners is also something that stirs us deep within our inner resources.  It forces us to spend big amounts of time with ourselves.  For me, I do like that kind of time to really seek God and pray and dwell over His word.  It makes me realize how much I need Him and how much I depend on Him.  So while I wait out this "Big One of 2014" I will sit back quietly.  Observe the snow falling softly.  Listen to the sound of silence.  Breathe in the cold and pure air and look within myself and seek the Lord and try to find the treasures He has for me during this forced solitude.  Funny, how at times it takes a snow storm to slow us down to see what is really there for us all the time.  So stock up on the bread and the milk and let's wait out this "Big One!!"

No comments: