My Babies

My Babies

Thursday, January 16, 2014

My life is a run-on sentence.....

Well, I am finally putting something on this blog page after having nothing to say for a long time.  Oh, I always have stuff to say but sometimes I just don't have the energy or time or inclination to put it out there.  But never fear....my mind is turning and churning away. I am never home and I am so busy all the time but I couldn't tell you where I am or what I am really doing other than I am just "busy".  Currently I have been reading a great book that is over one thousand pages long and I am on page 576.  It is Ted Dekkers' "The Circle".  It is really good and one of those really involved epic books that I can really get lost in.  Last Sunday I read for like three or four hours.  It was awesome.  I have not been able to do that in forever.  I have also been putting stuff away and moving things around in my house.  I am getting ready to paint a couple of rooms and that takes lots of time for someone like me who mills and mulls over colors and stuff.  A couple of my dearest friends in the whole wide world have had some big issues in their lives and have needed some extra attention.  It is so nice to just have someone need you to just pray and not always be the one that needs to be prayed for!  Not that I do not need prayer....Lord knows I do.  Lots of it too!  We have started a new Bible study at church that looks to be so promising and so good.  It is on the book of Hosea.  I love, love, love the Old Testament so this is right up my alley.  A couple of things I am loving right now:  American Idol is back on and I am hooked.  I gave it up for a few years because of all the nonsense and the drama but when I heard that Harry Connick Jr. was a judge....well, Hello there Mr. Goodlookin'!  I love him and he was great last night and I am tuning in again tonight!  I am also super addicted to Pinterest as of late and spend tons of time just pinning away.  All I need is 45 cats and my life as a complete loser would be sealed!  Not really.  I might be a loser but I will never have 45 cats.  Then I would be a crazy cat lady loser.  Plus my dog Penny really hates kitty cats.  Really hates them.  I have found a new song that I am just crazy about too.  It is Sidewalk Prophets new release, "Keep Making Me."  This is a song that right now in my life I so identify with.  I am a little calloused and hard.  I don't want to be either.  Every time I hear this beautiful song I just cry.  It just really moves me.  I am also prayerfully seeking Gods' will in a particular area of my life. I am thinking and praying about an area that I need to change and give up.  I am seeking God's guidance in this area and praying He will open a door while He is closing a door.  Decisions like this are not to be made lightly.  No decision really is an easy one.  I was telling my friend Kelley today.  There are always consequences to every action we do.  One for each choice we make whether good or bad.  Well, I have rambled and rambled about a bunch of things and I am sure I haven't made a lot of sense.  Welcome to my life!!  Here is a video of this song I am crazy about:  Listen and drink in these precious words....


1 comment:

Tracy said...

One of my favorites, I have asked Josh to sing at church for me...Also thanks for the prayer and laughter yesterday...I am so thankful God know what I need and when I need it...