My Babies

My Babies

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Sweet Week

This week has been a blur.  Busy every single night this week!!!  Our women's group at church had an area conference today and most of the week was in prep for the conference.  It turned out great...Praise The Lord!  I was really dreading it.  On Friday night we decorated and set up and did sound/computer checks.  Before we got started we prayed over the event and really just laid it at the feet of Jesus.  Everything turned out wonderful.  all the ladies had a marvelous time and we learned so much about how our world wide women's groups reach the world.  Amazing.  God is just so good.  Our spotlight place is Kosovo.  A mainly Muslim country with such a need for Jesus.  We had a really good time today too.  The funniest part was of course someone falling down.  Me!  I was walking across the floor where we were serving breakfast when I hit a slick spot in the floor and whoosh...down I went.  A complete split.  I honestly thought my legs snapped off like an old barbie that had been thrown under a moving car.  What was funny though was a sweet little lady ran to help me up and if you think I fell down fast you should have seen me get up.  Just call me SuperSenior...faster than a speeding hoveround I was.  I lept back up to my feet and said, "Oh, thanks but I'm fine. "  I dashed to the kitchen where i immediately felt like bursting into wailing sobs.  Falling hurts really bad, you guys!  My knee felt funny so I pulled my pants leg up and I had somehow taken all the skin off my knee and it had already bled through my pants.  Thank goodness they were black.  I put on a bandaid and went back out with a big ole fake grin on my face.  Other than that the day was great!  On Thursday night I went to dinner with my friends Tracy and Kelley.  We had a great time.  That day I had to have a sorta emergency root canal so my dinner was a creamy potato leek soup that was really yummy, even if I did feel like I was ready for the home.  I had went to the dentist with some irritation under some bridgework and he sent me to an endodontist.  Upon a good examination Dr. McKee asked if I wanted to fix the issue or wait.  Now I thought this was just a consult visit but the next thing I knew he had me numbed and said,"Close your eyes because drilling through this bridge is loud and it throws a lot of debris."  I wanted my mommy.  Wednesday night we had week two of our new Fall ladies Bible Study, "Secret Places" by Beth Moore and it was so good.  I highly recommend this study.  It is helping me like you would not believe.  I come from a long line of secret keepers.  Some good and some....well, not so good.  All in all it has been a very good week.  I am learning to let go of some stuff and to hold on to some other stuff.  Holding on to the sweet stuff for sure!

No comments: