My Babies

My Babies

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Winding Down

We are down to just four days of school left.  Four.  4.  FOUR...do you hear me????  I cannot wait for school to be out.  The kids are so tired and so over it and so.....restless?  Is that a nice word for outta control pains in the patootie??????  When school is out I can get to work for real on Megan's wedding reception centerpieces and the table runners I am making.  So far she hasn't been too impressed with a few of my creations but I haven't really spent a ton of time on making something really great either.  I just wish the things I pin on pinterest were as easy as they look.  Believe me they are so not.  I struggle with crafty things anyway so to say that I can feel my inner monster rumbling.  Just beware.  Remember with Erica's wedding I had never in my life cussed so much as I did making her pew markers!!!  Sorry, just keeping it real.  A couple of the boys in my school got into some trouble for starting a "Cuss Club".  I am seriously thinking about joining(ha-ha) when I start with these flower arrangements and lantern making I have planned.  With this year coming to a close it always makes me a little lonesome to see the kids go on to other schools and grow up a little more.  Reminds me that my own children are grown adults now and in the not so distant future I will have two married daughters and no one at home to bounce thoughts off of or to just bum around with.  Makes me sad but I am very excited for her too.  The empty nest is a very real thing and I am currently stirring mine one more time trying to keep my little fledgling from flying off too fast.  This season of mothering is winding down...like school years and seasons and so many other things.....they just wind down until they stop.  But they do start back on a different track and do the slow trek to another path.  This path will wind them through many different turns that I hope and pray to be a part of, to see and to, at times, experience with them.  Life does have its waxes and wanes.  Its different seasons.  Its ups and downs.  Its super-packed events to long stretches of loneliness and aloneness.  This is as it should be as our lives wind down.

No comments: