My Babies

My Babies

Sunday, May 12, 2013

being a mom

Today is Mother's Day.  It is one of my favorite holidays of the year.  Always has been even before I was a mother.  I always loved doing things for my own mother and grandmother when I was younger to show them how much I loved and appreciated them both.  I still have my own mother and I cherish the times I have with her since many of my friends have lost their moms in the last little while.  (Tracy...praying for you today..I am sure it was just tough today.)  This year we are all so busy with work, school, weddings, remodeling a house and about a bazillion other things it was kind of a hectic day but lots of fun too.  To me, being a mom is the best and greatest thing that I get to do.  I love my daughters so much and I am so pleased with them as adults.  So proud of both my girls and their choices in jobs, spouses and most importantly their walks with the Lord.  Both my girls are in church and love Jesus and serve Him.  I could not ask for more or for better.  Motherhood is hard, don't get me wrong.  Really hard.  And it never ends.  Never.  I will be their mother until the day I die.  I pray daily for my girls, I worry daily, I think about them all the time.  I am very involved in their lives.  Sure, they are adults and live their own lives but as their mother I am "in their business" as often as I can be!!  One of my deepest desires in life is to leave behind a legacy to my daughters and my grandchildren as a mother (and grandmother) that could be counted on, depended on all the time.  To know that they were all loved all the time no matter what.  That they mattered.  Really mattered to me.  In society children seem to be accessories.  I desire my children and their children to know that they can always come to me with their needs, their dreams, their stories.  To remember that when they needed to be prayed for that they could always ask me and know that I took their need straight to the throne of God.  I have (and will continue) to pray very hard for my children.  For protection, for God's favor on their lives, provision and for them to stay in the will of God.  Being a mom is the hardest most rewarding job I have ever had.  It is the one thing I always wanted to be and it has not been for one second of my life something I did not want.  I love being a  mother...and a grandmother even more.

Here is a look at our "Mother's Day 2013"

Right after church.  Savannah's camera face and Piper's finger in her nose.  Just keepin' it real, people!


Savannah thinking she might like to slide.  Is she not just the cutest thing!!??


Big sister Piper showing Savannah how to slide.  When did she turn 12 years old???


My sweet Erica and her two beautiful little girls.  What a great mommy she is to these little sweeties.


My silly sister, Becky, and Savannah making silly faces.




Funny Piper and Megan.  Both were talking a mile a minute.



Soon-to-be Uncle Thad horsing around with his nieces.  They both are really crazy about him but it does take them a few minutes each time to warm up to him.

Me, my mom Carol, my sister Becky, my niece Brittany, Savannah, Megan, Erica and Piper.  We were missing my other niece Mariah today.


Piper giving her mommy a pink flower.  So sweet!


Brittany you look really good with a baby!  Maybe next Mothers Day you could be a mommy??!!


No comments: