My Babies

My Babies

Monday, April 1, 2013

Missing Out

This past weekend both my daughter, Megan and I both had a horrible, horrible stomach bug.  Horrible, I tell ya.  I am just thanking the good Lord above that we have two functioning whole bathrooms...if you get my drift.  She has never, ever thrown up like that in her life.  Every fifteen minutes for hours.  Me...I always throw up every fifteen minutes for at least 18 hours.  I am an overachiever like that....my parents are so proud.  Needless to say if only vomiting was it for this hideous bug....double ickola!!  But we are both a lot better today but we both missed our churches Easter services.  And we were both so sad!!  Easter is one of my favorite holidays and it is Megan's favorite.  We both love church and church activities and missing the Easter services was just not our thing.  But we did both feel like getting up last night and did tune in to the last episode of the History Channels, "The Bible".  While this mini-documentary has had some minor ( and a few major) flaws it has been all in all pretty good.  And if it draws one person to the body of Christ well...winner, winner, Chicken Dinner!!  It did a sobering job of the Crucifixion and brought it home to us again at the sacrifice that Jesus did for us...for me.  And that is what Easter really is.  The birth of hope.  Hope is what keeps us in Christ...able to go on.  Able to serve, to live, to look ahead.  If it were not for the cross we would no hope.  No chance.  Nothing.  We do not serve a make believe God who doesn't care.  We serve a risen savior who tells us to cast all our cares on Him.  Amazing Love..that is what that is.  Sure I missed out on Savannah's first Easter and I did not get to take their pictures in their sweet Easter dresses.  I still have their Easter Baskets I made them right on my dining room table...but I am dressing them up this week and totally taking their photos just like it is Easter Sunday.  In fifteen years we won't remember that it wasn't taken on Sunday!!  I hate I missed out on our Easter Cantata at church but I know that Christ arose on that first Easter morning and I can live that hope each day.  I sure do hope in heaven that God has a big movie theater that shows all these events that we read about in the Bible and we can watch them.  Or better...wouldn't it be neat if we could actually relive them in heaven??!!  I am sure God would never want His children to miss out on anything He has His hands in.

No comments: