My Babies

My Babies

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Piper the "Pincess"

Yesterday I was talking with my granddaughter about the important issues of life.  Mostly, being a "Pincess".  Piper is completely enthralled with anything princessy in any way, shape or form.  She only wears dress-up clothes...even sleeps in them.  She changes her princess outfit ten times a day.  I went to her house three times this week and each time I was greeted by her and she would say, "Hi Mimi, do you like my pwetty pincess dwess?"  Which I would tell her I loved it and she looked so beautiful.  She would just beam.  Oh, to be two years old again!!  I want to write these sweet things down so I will not forget them because I will.  We think we will remember but we really never do.  Right now Piper is in love with Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella.  She sings their songs all the time.  It is just hilarious to hear her sing, "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes".  Another thing she does is act out little scenes from those movies.  It is amazing that she can recall all the words and the actions.  When the ugly step-sisters rip poor Cinderella's dress to pieces and she covers her face and runs to the garden is a particularly funny scene to watch Piper act out.  She gets this combo sad/angst ridden face that she covers with her little hands.  Then she will say, "No. no... I can't believe it."  She will then run and fling herself across her bed to cry.  I am trying to catch this on film but so far no luck.  At times during the day she will just fling herself on her bed and when you ask her what she is doing she will tell you that she just went to cry like a princess.  So sweet!!  We play princess and castle all the time.  We build castles out of blocks.  We do princess and castle coloring books, stickers and paper dolls.  My sweet little Savannah is going to turn out like this too.  She lights up like a Christmas tree every single time Piper comes around in her "Pincess" gear and some times Piper puts a "skuwt" on Savannah so she can be a pincess too!  I adore little girls and their whole little girl world.  For most it is just second nature to love the fairy tale and the charming prince that comes in and saves the day.  In the words of Piper..."They lived happiwy after, after."

No comments: