My Babies

My Babies

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

What Matters...Really Matters


I was fiddling around on Pinterest a little bit ago.  I am addicted.  No, I am NOT looking for a 12 step program for this addiction either.  I am saying No, No, NO to rehab too!!  While looking around I saw a pin that a veteran teacher asked students for 16 years the same set of questions.  What do you really want your parents to do with you?  This is just priceless to me.  It will make you tear up at the simplicity.





The Top Ten Things Kids Really Want Their Parents To Do With Them
  1. Come into my bedroom at night, tuck me in and sing me a song. Also tell me stories about when you were little.
  2. Give me hugs and kisses and sit and talk with me privately.
  3. Spend quality time just with me, not with my brothers and sisters around.
  4. Give me nutritious food so I can grow up healthy.
  5. At dinner talk about what we could do together on the weekend.
  6. At night talk to me about about anything; love, school, family etc.
  7. Let me play outside a lot.
  8. Cuddle under a blanket and watch our favorite TV show together.
  9. Discipline me. It makes me feel like you care.
  10. 10. Leave special messages in my desk or lunch bag.

See, how simple??  These are all doable.  Just giving your time.  Time.  For the little ones in your life that do not stay little long.  A comment that I truly dislike a lot is, "I need some Me-Time."  Whatever.  We are such selfish, selfish people.  Some of the best me-time I ever got was swinging in the hammock in the backyard with my two young girls while telling stories to each other.  What matters most???  Time....time well spent.

No comments: