My Babies

My Babies

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Prep Work

I went to the grocery store yesterday to gather up all the things I will need to prepare Thanksgiving dishes for Thursday.  I will not go into great detail because I went to ...you...know...where!!!!!  Needless to say I informed a check out guy that the young errr...lady??? that checked me out was rude and needed to stop watching the cute guy that works in the bank at ...you...know...where.  He had to flag me down in the parking lot to give me my bananas.  Anyway,  I thought I got everything and when I got home I remembered that I forgot (?) raisins.  Will I ever learn to take a list!!!  No, probably not.  But guess what people?  We are not gonna have raisins in my Waldorf Salad.  I have dried cranberries and dried dates so I will mix it up a bit.  I love Thanksgiving.  It is my favorite holiday by far.  I love the baking and cooking and the eating of all the traditional foods.  I have so many things to be thankful for this year.  New babies, new family members...so many blessings.  Tonight I will start getting ready by cleaning the house and setting up tables for Thursday.  Washing dishes and setting tables.  I have about 19 -22 people coming over for Thanksgiving this year.  My sister and her boyfriend are coming.  He has two boys that will be a welcome addition to our large family of females.  Sweet Savannah will be sitting in the high chair this year.  No doubt that round little one will be hoping for a bite or two to come her way!  Pretty soon I will need to set up a kids table!!  Yes, a lot of work goes into preparing this holiday dinner.  Lots.  But i love it and am so thankful for a large family.  We are loud and boisterous hillbilly people but I love them!  My heart goes out to those who are alone or have suffered losses or because of other circumstances do not have their families close to them this year.  We should be so thankful for filled seats in our homes.  Thanksgiving is a matter of the heart.  I may not have the finest or the brightest but I know that the Lord loves me and He provides so graciously for me and for that I am truly thankful.

No comments: