My Babies

My Babies

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Givingthanks

the tables are set.  sweet potatoes cooling.  gone with the wind is on the tv in the background.  scarlet is crying...rhett just left.  i am sitting here pondering....what am i truly, truly thankful for???  so many things.  i could list hundreds if i sit here and think for a while.  to me, thanksgiving is a state of the heart.  not an emotion but a way of life.  being thankful.  grateful.  to show appreciation.  for things, people, relationships, places....on and on and  on.

my children, whom i love to pieces.
my grandchildren, if my daughters are the best meal i ever had...grandbabies are my dessert.
my parents,  they are so supportive.
my friends,  bonds there are so strong. cannot imagine life without dear, dear friends.
family, like lighthouses in storms...always there and visible to help.
my church, how i love my church.  corporate worship at its finest.
my job.  the children there touch my heart so deeply.
my community.  small, close-knit...people you can count on.
the south, the region of this nation i love with all my heart.  traditions run deep here.
my country.  as troubled as it is...i love this land.
conveniences.  running water, electricity, heat in winter, coolness in summer.
food.  i can lay my hands on dozens of food items right this minute and can run to the store any time.
my savior...Jesus Christ......for this i am so deeply and truly thankful.

these are just a few.  what a blessed place i live in.  what a blessed life i have.  God is so gracious and loving towards me an mine.

Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving” (Col. 2:6-7).

happy, happy thanksgiving.....

No comments: