My Babies

My Babies

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Revival

This week is "Revival" week at my church.  It all started  on Sunday with a Homecoming service.  We had a great service followed by "Dinner on the Grounds".  While we don't really eat outside, as much as I would like, we do all gather together in the family life center and eat a big pot-luck lunch together.  It really is a lot of fun.  Each night this week through Wednesday we are having a service at night in order to revive us as a church body.  Our speaker is really very good.  He is funny and so smart about God's Word.  He asked us on Sunday night if we were "available."  I went forward, as many did, and prayed.  I am available.  In many ways.  But am I available to what God wants???  Do I want for my life what God wants?  I must say that I feel revived to what journey God is leading me towards and through.  We are forging new territory at church with our women's ministries.  I love that.  I really feel a deep love and desire to serve and love on the women of my church and my community.  I have many hurdles to jump over.  I am resistant to lots of change in my life but whether I like it or not.....life is always changing.  Mine is, yours is.  Did I see my own life turning out this way??  No, I did not.  I never imagined myself as a middle-aged, divorced woman.  If I linger on those facts too long a severe depression would just sneak all over me.  But.....Praise God there is revival.  I am so much more than those words.  I am a child of the King.  I am precious in His sight.  Do I feel like that??  Not really.  But I cannot live and grow on what I "feel".  I must live on what I know.  The only way to thrive is to revive with the sweet words of God.  I am anxious as to what message God has for me this evening.  It can only be good.  I want good.  Not happy.  We are so steeped in this world with the act of being happy.  When what we need to be steeped in is the goodness of God.  I would so much rather be in a good place with God than to be happy without God.  I am happy, don't get me wrong.  I like the feeling of happy.  But there have been times in my life when I was happy but deep in my soul I knew things were not good.  I may not have planned the events of my life to be what they are at this season of my life but I can say that I am happy.  And I am in a good place within my soul.  Tonight at our revival meeting the Pastor spoke on the times we are living in.  How they are perilous and ungodly.  He spoke on II Timothy chapter 3.  We are living in very difficult times.  But for the Christian we are also living in a precious time.  What opportunities we have for the Lord right now.  Am I taking the opportunities that God is laying before me?  Am I using this time wisely?  What am I doing with the time that God has so wonderfully given to me??  I want to do so much.  Am I doing it??  Lord, thank you for reviving this woman.  I am so grateful for your goodness and for  this season of my life.

No comments: