My Babies

My Babies

Monday, September 3, 2012

What's Coming Up...

The highlight of my weekend was scalding the roof of my mouth on hot coffee Saturday morning.  I suppose I set my coffee pot on the "lava" setting.  It still hurts!!  As summer is coming to a close (waaahhh!) I am making fall plans.  I really do love the fall of the year.  This week I am closing my pool.  I hate seeing it all covered...makes me sad.  School is back in session and has started off pretty good.

We are starting a new ladies Bible study this week.  We are doing the new Beth Moore lecture series on the book of Deuteronomy.  It is called "The Law Of Love."  I cannot wait.  I took a sneak peek at a video today and it is really going to good.  Each dvd is pretty long so I was looking for a stopping point.

We have a seminar that is being held at my church this fall instead of our annual hospitality banquet.  I think it is going to be great and I am really looking forward to it.  I like new ideas and I hope we have a big response from our home ladies.  This is geared towards our own women at our church to teach the mentoring process and also how to be mentored too.  We have many women who are just hurting and they have no way of sharing or pouring their hearts out to God...so they think.  God is so interested in our lives and so desires for His daughters to come to him with their needs, concerns and our cares.  We are to cast all our cares upon Him.  ALL.  No matter how tiny or dumb it may seem.  God really does care about the smallest of issues in our lives.

I am starting my Christmas shopping.  I already have two people finished!!  I have set a limit this year and I am sticking to it for sure!!  I have a wedding to plan and save for in the future!!!

Speaking of wedding stuff.  We are signed up to go to some Bridal Shows in our area and I can't wait.  They are so pretty and offer such great ideas.  Megan is so excited and so sweet to watch.

So far my plate looks pretty full.  I am sure I can squeeze a few more things in and I would love to take a short trip sometime over the fall.  Even if it is just for a day!!  I didn't take a vacation this summer due to the fact that Erica had a new baby and I knew she would need me a little more.  So a short trip this fall sounds great!


No comments: