My Babies

My Babies

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Change???

This afternoon I went to see a movie with my friend Kelley.  It was the news documentary, "2016 - Obama's America".  This was very interesting and eye opening to say the least.  First off, it was not political in any way.  There was no mention of party or of party lines.  This was simply a  film based on the life and influences of Barrack Obama.  Things I had no clue about.  His associates as a young man.  From terrorists to radical Palestinian supporters.  It spoke about deficit patterns and how the national debt is climbing at a rate that is just over the average persons head.  But the things that really jumped out at me were the obvious things I had not really considered.  I know we live in the wealthiest country in the world.  We are all so very blessed in this nation.  Obama has long since run on the campaign slogan "Change".  How he wants the rich to help the poor and to change the tax ratios and have the wealthier people pay more so the poor can have more.  What I have not picked up on is the word "people", not Americans.  People.  The world is full of people.  He lived the majority of his childhood in Indonesia.  A third world country that is full of poverty.  To the rest of the world we Americans are all wealthy.  All of us.  The people that are going to suffer the most to help out the worlds poor is the middle class of Americans.  Me.  You.  My parents.  Your parents.  It does not make any sense to me to make the top 1% of the wealthy pay more taxes.  They are already so rich that does nothing but make them hold onto their own money and to cut the businesses they run to take up the slack.  They are our employers.  I do not run a multi-million dollar company.  Nor could I.  But I am thankful that there are these companies because that is who keeps us a first world country.  This film was packed with all kinds of information and facts that would rattle any ones head.  As a Christian, I am not worried.  I know who holds the future and I know who controls the kings of this earth.  But this movie did make me think a little clearer about things and patterns that our nation is choosing and heading towards.  I will be voting this November and I will be voting for the Romney/Ryan ticket.  I am not a super fan of Mitt Romney but I cannot nor will I support our current President.  I do pray for our President and for our nation.  That it will wake up and turn towards God once again.  This world is on a downward spiral....fast.  I do encourage you to see this film.  Or at the least to go to the website,    http://2016themovie.com/                              Change is not always a good thing.

No comments: