My Babies

My Babies

Friday, September 28, 2012

A Little Peek

Yesterday I was Old Salem.  This is a small historical section of Winston-Salem, NC.  This is where the Moravians first settled in NC from Pennsylvania.  It is a fantastic place to visit.  The workers all dress in period clothing and demonstrate the actual lifestyle of the people from this time in the 1700's.  It is a beautiful place to take photos.  The grounds are well maintained and there is so many beautiful trees and little alcoves and pretty cobblestone walls and streets.  While I was there the Old Salem Gardener had his back gate open and had his Autumn Harvest on display and for sale.  He had these great heirloom pumpkins.  these are pumpkins that are from the very first ones ever planted in those gardens.  they keep seeds from each years harvest and save them for the next planting season.  They were so pretty!  This was my first real peek at the Autumn season to come.

These looked so pretty perched up on top on one another on this old green bench.



These were lighter in color but had great form and were for the most part unblemished.



This was a large trailer just filled with pumpkins.  I would love to have this many to make all kinds of Fall displays around my own house!



I just love the simplicity of this shot.  Just pumpkins on an old bench.  Looks like Fall to me!


1 comment:

Tracy said...

I love the shadows the black and white version shows