My Babies

My Babies

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Uhhh...I am a little confused...

Last night I was watching tv with Megan and a commercial came on that totally confused me.  This is not so hard to do anymore.  This whole world is a confusing place!!  But anyway,  the advertisement was for the ladies store "Chicos."  I like Chicos.  They have cute stuff.  Perfect for the over 35 crowd and great for the , "I am between middle age and ancient set."  There new line of pants are called the "slimming" pant.  Now, I have curves, bulges, lines and the like.  I am short so therefore my weight doesn't have that far to distribute.  I like the idea of a slimming pair of pants.  A whole lot.  But as I watched the ad it came to me.  None.  Not one of these women needed slim anything.  They were downright scrawny.  I am sure none of them even weighs 105 lbs.  Let alone they are each at least 5'10".  The average woman is 5'4" and is a size 14.  Thank you Jesus, I am under average in the size range (as of yet) but, am right on target in the height area.  Why can they not use a model that actually needs slimming pants???  I love the "Dove" commercials that use real women to sell there body wash and lotions.  They look like me...and bet they look like you!!  I am all for looking good in your clothes.  But let's get real people.  REAL!!!  Most women I know have saggy something(s) and dry skin and freckles and bulgy spots and all kinds of issues.  I would be so more apt to buy products from companies that just showed me what they had to offer that would work for me.  My body type, my body needs.  I really do not want to hire a seamstress to remake the fancy new slimming pants that I would probably be paying sixty-five plus dollars for.  Watch the commercial and see how much these pretty women do not need "slim pants."




See what I mean??  These gals can slide right into "skinny" jeans.  Which, by the way I feel should be outlawed unless you are under eleven years of age.  Oh my,  I need to go find my stretchy pants....right now!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Did you see the back slimming bra, not a girl on there is bigger than a A cup, whats a full figured girl to do.......