My Babies

My Babies

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Summer Plans

There are 4 days of school left.  Four.  4.  That is the most magical of numbers right now. The kids are so tired of school.  Since testing is over they are doing nothing but math games and search a words and busy work.  I for one am so ready for a summer break.  I have no vacation plans this year due to the fact that I have a new grandbaby that I plan on helping my daughter with and I really don't have the extra money to travel this year.  I am saving my money for a bigger event hopefully in the near future.....can we say dum dum de dum???  No engagement announcement yet but I have a feeling it won't be long!!!

For other summer plans we are starting a new Bible study this Wednesday night that will take us through the whole summer.  We are going to do "The Well" by Mark Hall.  It is a fabulous and thought provoking study.  Made me see Jesus in a richer and deeper light.  He is the well.  The living water.  The quencher of our thirsty souls.  But how do you get to a well?  You dig sister, you dig.  I can't wait to dig into this study.

I have said before I am not a big tv watcher.  I mostly check out the cooking channel when I do watch tv.  I am completely addicted to American Idol when it comes on.  I can't help it.  I love that show.  I was thrilled with Phillip Phillips winning this year!!  But I did watch the History Channels mini series event, "The Hatfields & McCoys."  It was very good.  It was very violent and the language was very rough but I have to say by the end I was weeping so hard for those families.  The hate.  The revenge.  It was just so sad how most of them ended up.  I have to say I truly do not hate anyone.  Sure, there are people I don't particularly like but I try to just not cross paths with them.  Some days that can be kinda tough.  I figure if we don't interact we don't have any conflicts that can lead to harsher feelings.  That may be a dopey way to deal with things but I just don't care for a lot of strife in my life.  I have enough stress with just plain ole living!!!

I do plan on painting a couple of rooms this summer.  We will see if that pans out!  Ha! Ha!  I will probably end up lounging out at my pool most days!  At least I will save some money on gas that way!  I usually have all my housework done by 9 a.m. so pool bound I will be.  Hopefully I will have Piper swimming pretty good by summer's end.  Let's get this summer started.  Woo-Hoo!

No comments: