My Babies

My Babies

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Hot Stuff

For the past 2 days it has been over 100 degrees here.  Very hot to say the least.  I am alone in this I am sure....i love it..ssshhhhh!   I really do.  Now, if I did not have a pool to float in that might be a different story but since I do it sure makes the day so much nicer.  I have had the pleasure of having several friends over lately.  That sure makes the days better too!  Tomorrow my daughter Erica is having her house shown so they will be here to swim.  Yay!  Piper lives to swim.  Savannah?  Not so much but she will.  On Monday my sweet friends Kelley and Angie are coming to lay out and swim.  My friend Tracy is coming Thursday for me to cook her a birthday dinner.  Even though it is a week late!  And today my longtime friend Debbie came and spent the day with me even though I had to leave her for a spell to attend a sweet wedding of a young lady at church.  I am so grateful for such good friends!!  I love to have people over and I love to talk so this is such a real blessing to me.  Also, my sister has moved back to the area and I get to see her everyday and that is also a good thing!  I love my family too!!  On Thursday night this past week my former sister-in-law, Tori, and her four kids came over and spent several hours with us and it was just wonderful.  I haven't seen them all together in a while and we had the best time.  They live in Atlanta and we just don't get together often enough.  Since I have been divorced this is one of those things that can get a little difficult.  what do you do when you really care about some of your former family??  I love my nieces and nephew and I told them so and that no matter what I was still their "Aunt".  I also really have missed Tori very much.  when they lived here and everything was "normal" we were very close.  I hate that we grew apart but we both vow to stay close even though we are physically far apart.  My former brother-in-law is one of the funniest men I know and when I last saw him this past Christmas he kept me in stitches.  He is truly hilarious. That is a sad fact of divorce but I really want to stay in the know of my former in laws families.  I am so glad that they want to stay in my own girls lives too.  And my little grandgirls!!  Back to the weather...tomorrow promises to be about 102 so I am getting ready for more time by the pool after church and lunch!!  Woo-hoo  Hot Stuff!

No comments: