My Babies

My Babies

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Summer is HERE!!!


This week our temperatures soared to near 90 degrees.  I love it!  I am a summertime kind of gal.  It is never too hot for me.  Ever.  My daughter Megan is just like me in that respect.  She likes hot weather too.  I am thrilled that so far Piper loves the outdoors and all the fun things to do outside.  I am not fond of what I call "house-mouses".  When my girls were little we stayed outside all the time.  We explored the woods, played in creeks, played on swings, in the sandbox but our favorite handsdown activities had water involved.  Lots of water.  Water hoses, sprinklers and the pool were the best times.  I am so fortunate to have a pool in my yard and boy do I ever use it.  I love swimming and so do my girls.  So I was hoping that my grandbaby would too.  I do not want her to fear water at all but I do want her to have a healthy respect for water.  With a pool I am extra cautious.  So today I filled her baby pool with water and put her in....and did she ever love it!!  I laughed so hard at her sweet face and her grin that went from ear to ear when she went down the slide for the first time.  I was glad I had my camera ready to catch a few shots!


Coming down the slide all by herself!!  Sometimes I forget she is just 21 months old.






Over and over she would say, "Step up, sit down, swide and weeee!"



She was having so much fun.  I bet she slid 1000 times.





Needless to say after all the swimming and playing we took a 2 hour nap.



I cannot imagine my life without this little jewel.  She is just so precious.  I really do not understand how anyone could ever be cruel to a little child.  This world is cruel enough.  When I laid her down for her nap she was hugging me and smiled.  Such trust.  She knows I would never harm her in any way.  It is amazing that how much I love her...God loves her so much more.

No comments: