My Babies

My Babies

Monday, April 2, 2012

A Very Special Day

Twenty-five years ago this very night I went to the hospital to have a baby.  She was born at 10:55 a.m. on April 3, 1987.  Weighing in at 6 lbs 8 oz and 18 1/2 inches long.  She was so tiny, so sweet and so perfect.  I loved her with all my heart immediately.  I had previously had two very bad miscarriages and I wanted this baby more than anything.  And finally she was here.....

Now 25 years have just flown by so fast I can hardly believe it is true.  She is 25.  A quarter of a century.  Where has the time gone???  Seeing her today, all grown up is just amazing to me.  I watch her mother her own precious baby girl while she grows with a new baby girl each day.  She is such a good mommy.  So sweet, tender and kind with her baby.  I am very proud of Erica.  Her choices.  Her work ethic.  Her walk with God.  Is her life perfect?  Far from it.  Is she perfect?  No, but neither am I or her sister or anyone else for that matter.  What she has become is a wonderful young wife and mother who is daily in the need of God's mercy and grace.  Just like me.  Just like all of us.  I am baking her a birthday cake tonight and cooking her dinner tomorrow night.  Her husband is on third shift this week so she doesn't want to spend her birthday home by herself once Piper goes to bed.  As hard as it is for me to believe that my oldest girl is a full grown woman I have to accept the fact that she is and does it all very well.  I am so proud of you, sweetie.  Happy Birthday!  Love you, Mom

No comments: