My Babies

My Babies

Friday, March 2, 2012

Looking For A Fist In The Sky

This past week has been pretty busy.  I had a birthday last week and mt sweet girls took me out to dinner.  It was so fun and so good!!  I have been trying to play catch-up with my housework since I had that awful virus.  Yucko!!  I really, truly do not like housework at all.  I also had to play catch-up with my Bible study.  This weeks lessons really struck a chord with me.  It focused on the dry times with God.  Just like a farmer with his harvest our walk with God is very similar.  When God sows seeds in His children and they start to grow He also sends water.  These are the times in our life that we really "feel" God.  Every time we open our Bibles it speaks to us.  Every sermon we hear is made just for us.  Things are just clicking along.  We are very satisfied with our walk, our life, our prayers and with God.  But...then comes the dry times.  The times when God seems distant.  We don't "feel" Him.  Sermons do not apply or they hurt our feelings or dredge up things we don't want to remember or think about.  Prayers seem unheard.  It is a drought of the soul.  I learned that these times are so very necessary in our walk with God.  If trees and plants are rained on all the time they drown.  Their roots stay shallow.  they are just plants on the surface with zero foundation.  It is the dryness and the drought that forces their roots to dig.  Deep.  To seek water.  To reach toward the heavens with limbs like hands to touch the heavens.  I am in a dry season right now.  Drought-stricken.  As hard as it is to hold fast and keep digging, seeking...it is so easy to quit.  To just stop.  Stop all the praying, the praising, the worship, the reading.  But, I am not going to stop.  That would just please Satan.  He is the last thing I want to please.  So, like Elijah in 1 Kings 18: 41-46;  I am looking for a fist in the sky.  Elijah told King Ahab to continue on eating and drinking for the sound of heavy rain was coming.  Elijah climbed Mt Carmel and bowed down and put his face between his knees.  Prostrate before the Lord.  He sent his servant to go look toward the sea.  His servant came back and said he saw nothing.  No clouds.  No sign of rain.  Elijah sent him back 7 times.  Seven.  That, my friends, is a good servant.  The last time he reported that a cloud the size of a man's hand was rising from the sea.  The sky continued to grow black, the wind picked up and then a heavy rain came down.  King Ahab rode off to Jezreel but Elijah...the power of the Lord came upon him and he tucked his cloak into his belt and he ran.  He ran ahead of King Ahab all the way to Jezreel.  Can you imagine??  The power of God is so strong and consuming.  Like a storm.  It can consume us in it's power.  That is what I am looking for.  A fist in the sky..I may be dry right now but....the rain is coming. 

1 comment:

Missy June said...

Thank you for sharing what you're learning - it was used in my heart today.

Missy