My Babies

My Babies

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Ouch! That Hurts!!

I have been in a new Bible study for 3 weeks now.  It is the new Beth Moore study:  James;  Mercy Triumphs.  It has completely stomped my toes...off.  But, I have learned so much in just these few short weeks.  Historically about James and the Jewish faith.  But more importantly the words and the ways of Christ.  What He desires for me to learn and live and to become.  Like Him.  Am I quick to listen???  Uh, no.  Am I slow to speak?  Uh, errr, no.  Am I slow to anger???  Uh, well, sorta, kinda...NO!  I have truly tried to apply this principal this week.  Some success and some failure.  It makes me really call upon the Holy Spirit in my life to clip my tongue and push down my temper and perk up my ears.  Not just the ears on my head either.  My heart ears.  What are people really saying.  I am learning to "listen" between the lines.  I consider myself observant and aware so this is just a new skill to add to that part of my life.  This week we wrote about and learned about favoritism.  I never really considered myself one who shows that but once again.   Wrong!!  To just be cordial to people without actually investing is well, just plain ole snobbery.  I can be so polite but do I go the extra mile?  Sometimes, but not often enough.  To say that I am work in progress is right on target.  I just didn't  realize how much and how hard this work was going to be!!  Lord, have mercy on this soul!!  Triumphantly!!

No comments: