My Babies

My Babies

Friday, February 10, 2012

"D" is not for me!

Hoooey!  Am I super glad it is Friday.  This has been one of the longest weeks of my entire life.  I am not kidding either.  To top it off I have a terrible cold.  I get a cold about once every 3 or 4 years so I feel bad complaining about it...but I am really feeling yucky.  I felt so bad last night that I took a Mucinex D.  I really don't ever take any medicine and I don't think I have ever taken anything with a "D" in it but I found these in the medicine chest and thought, "What the heck!"  I popped one in my mouth laid on the couch to watch "Chopped" (my new tv obsession) at 6:00 p.m.  I watched 2 episodes and then I fell asleep.  Megan woke me up and I went to bed.  I woke up at what I thought was a few minutes before my clock was to go off because I was about to die to go to the bathroom.  I got up, looked at the clock and thought, "What in the world???"  It was 11:23...at night.  Then I proceeded to have the longest night of the longest week of my entire life.  I woke up every hour.  My skin felt like it was crawling all over me.  My head felt so weird and well, just weird!  When I talked (yes, I talk to myself...don't you?)  I could hear my voice in my head.  Does that sentence even make any sense.  All day today I just felt so strange.  I still kinda do.  I will never take anything with "D" in it again.  I mean it.  Even one of my teacher friends said, "You don't feel good do you?  You're never sick but you look like you just feel awful."  I agreed with her and wished I had stayed home today.  I will not take anything but plain old advil or tylenol from now on.  I have a busy weekend ahead of me.  So I have to get better.  We are having the missions conference at church and I plan on being there each night next week.  It is so fun and I learn so much about what God is doing all over the world.  Tomorrow I am getting a massage and I cannot wait.  I got this as a gift from my sweet niece for helping with her wedding back in September and I am now just using it.  Hopefully I will fall asleep.  I hope I just don't snore or have my nose run all over the massage table.  I will just put kleenex under my nose to fix that!  I think I will take a bath and go to bed.  Unmedicated..... Hopefully I will get some sleep and feel tons better tomorrow.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Two things about this were just too funny. First the irony in the title; second the "I talk to my self" comment. I hate you felt bad when you finally got a massage. You may want to consider writing a book; you're funny