My Babies

My Babies

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Winding down the clock

Today was the last day of school for this calendar year.  Listen....do you hear it??  That is angels singing the "Hallelujah Chorus" over my house.  I am so ready for a break from my job.  So ready.  I have not finished my shopping.  Two gifts to go.  I have not started my baking.  Tons to do.  I never did mail any Christmas cards this year.  The clock is winding down and for this "Martha"  I am looking for some "Mary" time with Jesus.  Just to focus on Him and what this season is really all about.  God coming to this earth in the humanness of a baby to live among His own creation.  The ones He so desires a relationship with.  One on one.  Friend to friend.  Our provider, protector, defender.  Our one true God.  The world demands so much of our time.  I should really say that it commands it...not demands.  Demands are things we can or cannot give in to.  But commands are orders that are shouted at us that we choose how we react to them.  Tonight I am choosing to not listen.  I cooked dinner for my girls.  Bathed my sweet grandbaby.  Sent her home with her really sick mommy for both of them to go straight to bed.  I am baking cookies with Megan for her work tomorrow and I am doing nothing else.  No other baking.  No cleaning.  No laundry.  No commands or demands.  Tomorrow is another day as in the words of Scarlett O'Hara.  I will take care of that stuff tomorrow.  The clock is winding down but when time is up I am going to just rest in the lap of Jesus and thank Him for His blessed sacrifice and His unfailing love.