My Babies

My Babies

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Looking Back And Ahead

Today is the last day of 2011.  Just a few more hours left in this year.  It is very hard to believe...it has just gone so fast.  Looking back since January there have been so many changes.  Most for the better and all of them for my good.  God intends everything in our lives for good.  I have watched my daughters grow and mature into beautiful, wonderful and sharp young women.  I have watched my granddaughter learn to crawl and walk and run.  Seen a whole new world through her little eyes.  I have learned to slow down and let things go and to just watch her learn and explore.  I have seen my parents grow older and funnier.  I am so thankful that they are still very healthy and active.  I watched my niece become a gorgeous bride and get married to a great young man.  I have had a sweet core group of friends that I have grown even closer to this year.  These ladies are as close to me as family and I am so grateful for their prayers, commitment to our friendships and their love for the Lord.  I have watched this world spiral into depths of all kinds.  So sad and yet there have been many bright spots too that revive hope in a weary place.  I have seen deaths and births.  New sicknesses and some healed.  Life is truly precious.  I can honestly say that at this point...today..I love my life.  I have enough.  Enough is as good as a feast.  Oh, I use stuff here and there but for the most part...enough is perfect.  I do not feel the loneliness that I struggled with for too many years.  I settle into my pillows each night with peaceful sleep and wake up rested and ready for a new day.  Thank you, God.  this all comes from Him and Him alone.  I have spent this year listening to Christian music only and the change has been tremendous.  The worship through music has been more than therapeutic for my soul.  Looking ahead I have no clue what 2012 holds but whatever it does I know that God will equip me to handle whatever comes my way.  I don't really make resolutions but I do have goals.  I would, of course, like to lose weight!  But I am already on my way to getting my home organized.  Top to bottom.  I am planning on painting some rooms to change some things up.  I want to spend more time with my family and my friends.  I have a new grand baby coming in June so I can't wait to spend lots of time with him or her.  I am helping some friends out with daughters' weddings.  I might be helping my own daughter out with one by the close of 2012???  I have lots of plans and goals for 2012 but mostly I desire to know God more.  The older I get the less I know.  I truly desire to search His word for a more intimate relationship with Jesus.  Those are the things I am looking forward to during the next year.

No comments: