My Babies

My Babies

Monday, November 28, 2011

Taking Care Of Me...

Since my husband and I have divorced I have had to learn to depend on God to be my husband.  Unlike earthly husbands (none in particular) God never fails me.  Oh, I fail Him but He is 100% dependable all the time.  Each night when I lay down I ask Him to help me never be afraid.  I haven't been.  I have asked Him to please take care of things like my roof, flooding in my basement, my car etc...  He has.  I have had to have a little work done on my car.  No biggie, just brake shoes because the squeal was horrendous.  Well, after a couple of weeks the scrubbing and squeal is still there.  I absolutely hate to talk to people who work on cars because I am at their complete mercy.  But, I just got off the phone with the nicest lady where I had my work done and all she said was, "Sugar, you bring that thing right on back!"  I had prayed very quickly right before I called that the Lord please just take care of this for me.  And He did.  I cannot tell you how many things that He does take care of for me.  Things too numerous to list and many I probably do not even know about.  I have been very healthy.  I am almost never sick but since I am by myself this has been just a Godsend.  When I look back over the past 18 months or so I see so many blessings in my life.  God is just so good.  Being single has its advantages but there are also some disadvantages.  I do get to do what I want, when I want and I can eat cheerios for supper if I choose.  But, on the other hand I do love to cook for people and I will say that my former husband was easy to cook for and ate everything I ever made.  When I start to consider the possibility of maybe having a future husband....I get very nervous inside.  But, I know that the Lord is wise and He will send the right one to me when He sees fit.  Until then, I will just keep looking to the Lord for husbandly advice, protection and love like I have never known. 

1 comment:

Melanie said...

If you ever want to cook---you call me!! I'm alone too! It's not so bad. You are very right God does give many blessings in crappy times. I can loudly say that!! Love ya Cindy!