My Babies

My Babies

Thursday, November 24, 2011

So Thankful

When I look at all the many blessings that have been given to me and my family I am so overwhelmed with gratitude.  The Lord is truly good.  We had a wonderful day of family, food, laughter and fun.  My family is very big on lots of different dishes for holidays so every food group is covered...to the max.  We had ham and turkey, mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes, green beans and green bean casserole plus everything else under the sun.  Megan made her first homemade pumpkin cheesecake with praline topping.  It was to die for.  Honestly, so good and I don't even like cheesecake.  I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked but I did snag a few.  As my sweet family grows I hope to have more and more to my home each year.  I love having people over and cooking for them and just sitting around talking.  With all the things going on in my own area and the world a day of just family being together is just plain good.  In the last week we had tornadoes in my county that just devastated several families.  Having mine all together under a solid roof is just a blessing I really appreciate.  I love my family...dearly.  Thank you, Lord for everything...from the rain to the sun in my life.

Piper really likes to eat.  she fits right into our food lovin' clan.  Don't you love her little Pilgrim hairbow?!




A teacher friend of mine gave me this sweet little turkey dress.  It is really so cute.  Erica was feeling really good today.  I am so glad for her.  Maybe this little one to be is finally settling down for it's mommy.



Piper is learning to smile when you ask her.  Is she not the sweetest baby???  I think so.



Piper and Thad were in deep, deep conversation.  Piper put on her new owl hat which Thad just loved.




It is really cute.  I got it off an Etsy shop that I found.  Piper likes hats so I couldn't resist.



I am very thankful for these two.  What a cute couple.  Hopefully, I will be planning a wedding next year??!!



I am also thankful for these two young women.  What wonderful daughters they are.  Both love the Lord and want to serve Him and are terrific people.  Love these two so much.

1 comment:

Erica said...

I love you to mom!