My Babies

My Babies

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

From a sweet pea to a blueberry



I have a secret.  I am going to be a grandmother again!!!!  I knew I couldn't keep it in for another day!  I am so excited I am beside myself.  My Erica is going to have another baby.  I knew they wanted their children close in age so I wasn't super surprised.  I am just so thrilled for them.  She told me 2 Sundays ago during a church dinner.  She sat down and said,  "I want to show you something but you can't scream or yell or jump up and down."  Then she showed me a positive pregnancy test.  Well all I could do was grin like a possum and bite clean through my lip!!  How redneck are my people??  Carrying around a used pregnancy test...in church no doubt!  I raise 'em right!  The new baby is due around May 30, 2012.  Perfect timing.  Once again I am making Erica pose for me each week.  Just last week my newest baby was the size of a sweet pea.  In one week it has doubled in size and is now the size of a blueberry.  I wish I had a blueberry for Erica to hold but no such luck.  She actually told her sister, Megan first but swore her to secrecy.  When I talked with Megan later she said, "Whooee !  I am so glad she told you because I was about to bust!!"  Megan is just the best Aunt ever.  This baby will be just as loved and spoiled as little Piper.  I just can't wait to get my hands on little him or her.  I think they would love a boy but will be just as thrilled with another sweet little girl.  God knows what they need.  This Mimi thing is just the greatest joy in the world to me.  I cannot imagine life without these blessings.  All the stuff in the world doesn't hold a candle to a precious new life.  I am already in love with this baby too!!



Erica at seven weeks with her  little blueberry baby.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Aww YAY for Erica. Congrats Mimi!

Missy June said...

Huge congratulations to you! I can imagine your joy and I do pray the pregnancy is healthy and happy.

Tracy said...

Congrats....I know you are excited...