My Babies

My Babies

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Fresh Start....

The first week of school is over and things are getting in a familiar rhythm.  Our Ladies Bible Study started back up last night and I am so glad to be back in that routine.  I have been a tad lazy on that circuit.  I closed my pool today.  This was a little sad for me and Megan.  We both love summertime and the pool but once school starts back it doesn't get as much use.  Fall is around the corner and that means a new season.  A fresh start.  Hot days turn to warm days.  Nights get a little brisk.  The air loses that summer swelter.  Football starts back.  Leaves turn.  Hunting season kicks in full gear.  The summer is slowly dying.  Autumn signifies the coming of winter.  The dormant time.  Death.  But, not really.  It is a fresh start of all that will be new.  Cycles of life are like this.  As I have watched Piper just take off walking like an old hand this week I realize that she is moving on to a new stage.  A fresh start.  I see new students come to school and think of the ones that have moved on to the middle school.  Some of them I really miss.  The new ones are really just babies.  New ones to love.  So little, so sweet.  School is new to them.  This routine.  This fresh start.  My own life is alot like this at the stage I am in right now.  I have become involved in a monthly Bible Study group geared towards step families and divorced people.  I was so reluctant at first but was nervous for nothing.  It was so wonderful.  If that could be the word??  Families that are broken but being put together in a new shape.  Different, but maybe better.  A fresh start.  What kind of new thing is in your lives?  What is God showing you right now?  What is the fresh start He has for me?  You?  We get one each day you know.  I, for one, am so glad.

No comments: