My Babies

My Babies

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Such a Blessing

A dear friend of mine became a "Mamaw" today to a precious baby girl. I asked her if she did not feel like the most blessed woman in the world! To be present for the birth of my own granddaughter was the most wonderful experience in the world. To be one of the first people to touch that little soul is priceless. I know that Tracy will cry precious tears over that little lady just like I did on my little Piper. The things she will whisper in her ear, the prayers she will lift up to God for this child, the dreams she will have for her...the list goes on and on. What a blessing it is to have a grandbaby. It is love in the thousand fold for sure. I cannot begin to tell Tracy what joy Baby Harper is going to bring her! How she is going to laugh at everything she does and oohh and aahh over her all the time. She, like me, will get the honor of helping to watch her when her mommy and daddy work. That in itself is a blessing for both the parents but for the baby and for Tracy. To have a hand in her upbringing is humbling and a gift that is hard to match. I know she will love every second of having her in her arms. I am so glad that for Tracy's birthday last month she got a new camera and soon she will get to take Harper's photo every day...like I do!




No comments: