My Babies

My Babies

Thursday, July 21, 2011

reflecting

I just got home from my daughter's house.  I was taking a pair of work shorts to my son-in-law for him to wear tomorrow to work.  He has to work patrol at a local water park for ten hours and it is only going to 100 degrees tomorrow with 20054% humidity.  So my sweet mama hemmed a pair of work shorts for him so he won't die.  It is that hot, people.  While at Erica's we were looking on that "wonderful" social media...the book of faces...or Facebook as it is so known.  I, personally, do not have a facebook page.  i am the last American holdout.  A rogue.  Cowboy. Cowgirl?  Outlaw??  whatever...I really don't like facebook.  Too much information is posted on people's sites.  I mean there are people putting pictures of themselves doing every stupid thing in the world.  Look at me...I am putting on lipstick.  Look at me...I am getting the mail.  Look at me...I am looking at me in a mirror.  Do these people not have anything better to do???  I have seen way too much about lives on facebook that I have no reason to ever see or know.  Sometimes it can be a good thing.  A way to spread information pretty fast.  Anyway, I digress...Erica was showing me Blake's cousins new baby boy.  He is a doll!  While looking at this little week old baby I asked Erica, "Can you even remember Piper that small?"  I knew the answer before I even asked.  No.  How can we forget how tiny those hands were.  Or how fragile that little body was.  so small.  So sweet.  I remember my own babies but I need pictures to really remember.  I suppose that is why I take Piper's picture 10,000 times a week.  So I won't forget.  When she is 16 I would like to be able to show her what she looked liked at one year old.  What her expressions were.  Her smile.  Her monster face.  Which is hilarious.  How she examines every single blade of grass in the yard.  Every one.  How she holds her sippy cup upside down to drink out of it.  All these little things that I know I will forget.  Reflections...things to look back on and remember.  I want to be able to tell stories through pictures to all my grandchildren.  A collection of memories that reflect a happy childhood.  One full of love and lots of play.  Great things to reflect back and smile about when grown-up life gets too hard or too much.  Good stuff.

No comments: