My Babies

My Babies

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Wring me out!!!

I am a big, fat sopping mess! I am so thankful that we are down to 3, that is right 3, 3, 3, THREE, more days of school. I work in the cafeteria of an elementary school where there is no air conditioning and also no windows in the actual kitchen. Today it was a sweltering, steamy, lava-pit of 114 degrees. Honestly, by 10:45 this morning I could wring my bra out. That is just gross but it is what it is. Brutal. I really think the kitchen is right over a pit in hell. Unreal. Tomorrow is supposed to be a balmy 98 degrees. Cannot wait. I am just going to show up with a garden hose to hook up in the back to continually spray me all day long. The kids would love that. As if work was not hot enough and I was not drenched in sweat I had to go straight to the dentist after school. Do not pass go and please pay 200.00 when you get there. I apologized 10,000 times for being a sweaty, ogre-like creature that just plain stank, but I had to be worked in and dadgummit my drenchiness would have to be overlooked. I sometimes wish I could just pop my teeth in a glass at night and rinse them good and pop them back in the next morning. Sounds ultra-attractive??? I do have a coupon for some fixodent in my purse. Hmmmmmmm.... Now, I am home and I am tired and I have no groceries and I have to go to the grocery store and I so do not want to go!!! Wwwwhhhaaaa!!! (that is me crying my eyes right out of my head) But first, I am going to the Alliance Women's meeting at church. For the record I am being forced to do this by my good friend K.H. When she reads this she will know that I have told the world, or at least 8 people, that she has forced me to go! Not really, but I would rather stay home and do nothing. After the meeting I will go to the store and hopefully have a better attitude and mindset about things in general. I just hope the ladies' home we are meeting in is air conditioned!! I love summertime. I really do. Heat doesn't really get to me too bad and I tend to stay outside all day once school is out. I like to float all day in the pool and get my housework done early in the morning or after the sun goes down. It just got so hot very fast this year. No real spring, just straight into summer with high 90's for the temps. I guess wringing myself out will be the new thing this season!!

No comments: