My Babies

My Babies

Friday, June 17, 2011

Forgotten

I started a new Bible study this week at my cousin Candy's church. It is called "Seed" by Priscilla Shirer. It is going to be fabulous. Each week we are give a "seed" word to dig into the word with. The first week was the word "forgotten". Have you ever felt forgotten?? I sure have. I have done some forgetting too. The word forgotten means to cast aside, ignore, neglect, pass by, disregard. Is that not sad? In my life there have been many occasions of forgotteness. Times when I just feel as if I am drowning. Often times we as women put on that false face and smile and go along to get along. I am so guilty of that. Through this study we pull out a few scriptures that concentrate on the core of that one word. It was so soothing to know that God is the secret seer. He never, ever, ever forgets us. He sees us. He watches us. He protects us. He never casts us aside. He never leaves us. Never. I think at times we all feel ugly, fat, old, undesirable and all those awful words that we can conjure up when we look in the mirror. But listen to these words:


• "The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord" (Psalm 45:11, NIV).


"You're beautiful from head to toe, my dear love, beautiful beyond compare, absolutely flawless" (Song of Solomon 4:7b, MSG).

God loves me. Period. End of discussion. In His eyes I am beautiful. What a warming thought for my weary heart. God does not forget me and knowing this is making me be more aware how to not forget others. To look more closely at people, to be a seer of hurts and to tell them of someone who won't forget.

2 comments:

Missy June said...

I felt forgotten, so looked over and looked past. I think you're right to think many women have experienced this feeling. The "Seeds" study sounds wonderful and I may have to look into doing it! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Great thoughts! As women we've all felt this way at different times in our lives. It's wonderful to know that we are never alone and are always loved by our Creator!

Salina (from Beth Moore blog)