My Babies

My Babies

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

whispers

Last night I got to keep my sweet grandbaby at her home. Her mommy and daddy had to go to the funeral home for Blake's great-grandmother. Bless her heart she was 92 years old. Thank the Lord Blake got a great photo of her holding Piper with him, his dad, his grandma and great-grandma with Piper on her lap. Wonderful memories. After I fed her supper of green beans and bananas we played. She really is learning to actually play. She is so inquisitive and curious about things. How they move, slide, shake, rattle and roll. Such a smart baby. I got to bathe that little girl and she loves a bath too. Splashes like a wild thing. I let her stay in the water until it was cool and her little fingers puckered. We waved bye-bye to the water and I let her look at herself in the mirror with that precious little hooded towel wrapped all around. She thinks she is the greatest thing because she grins like a cheshire cat whenever she sees her reflection. I got to rock her and feed her a night bottle and sing to her. She is so good to just lay down and go to sleep on her own. But...I picked her back up and just held her. She laid her warm, sweet smelling head on my shoulder and I just whispered to her. I told her how much I loved her and all the things we will do and I prayed for her. Just whispers. No one to hear me but her. Whispers that stored in my heart. Dreams for her. I laid her down. Blew her a kiss...she smiled. Pulled her blanket over her face and went to sleep. At this age and season of my life I know what is real. What is hard. What is important. What really does not matter. What does. Whispers....

No comments: