My Babies

My Babies

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Open Doors

This week has brought tremendous tragedy to the world. the devastation of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. My heart is just broken for these people. Just last month we had a missions conference at my church and one of the missionary speakers was a missionary to japan. He spoke of the freedoms that they had in Japan and how open they were to the evangelical church. But there are millions of Japanese that have no clue of Jesus. No clue. I got an update from our Alliance Women's co-chair a few minutes ago and thank the Lord all of our missionaries are safe and the church they have built is still standing unharmed. They issued an urgent call to pray for the people in Japan. This is a huge open door for Christian workers in this part of the world. She stated that the Japanese were such industrious people and they will rebuild their country. This is a tremendous opportunity for missionaries to help in this endeavor. Just continue to pray for these people. They need the Lord...desperately. I cannot imagine the despair they feel and yet without Jesus they also have no hope. I am so profoundly grateful that even when I am in a despairing state that I have the hope in the One who controls the universe. I just keep thinking of tiny babies crying and lost toddlers and mothers and fathers searching...searching. Lord be with the people of Japan, like never before.

No comments: